A taste of Spring and other miscellany.

On Sunday, the weather was perfect. It looked like the first signs of spring were starting to show. I finally had the opportunity to take my road bike out and see what she could do.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We started off in a parking lot. Josh kind of forced me into changing gears. I was not really able to concentrate on turning and changing gears at the same time. It was really difficult. I'll admit that I turned a bit feisty. I think that I murmured, or yelled several times, "You can't force me to do anything. Just let me figure it out on my own." Poor Josh.

I was actually really nervous about riding her on the road. It was busy! I finally convinced Josh to change locations. We settled on the Cardinal Health parking lot located just behind the Coke plant.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I revved her up and down the road, changing gears a few times. Then, I was ready to take her out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I felt more comfortable with Josh in the lead. He took me through a series of virtually empty roads. I think that it was actually a highway. We passed corn fields, and COWS, black Angus ones. Several cars passed us. One honked. Eventually, we stopped at the Missouri River. I could kick myself for not bringing the camera. It was amazing. There was almost a sub-division of beautiful houses that line the frozen river. I could have stayed for hours, but it was getting dark.

We headed back just in time to take pictures of me on my road bike! It's really fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then we went to Whole Foods where I rooted around and got this really cool bodum flask, some Artisan Chocolate that tastes like barbecue (Blak!), and Yogi tea.

All in all, it was a lovely day.

But, my first ride did trigger my allergies. I have been in bed for two days now. The doctor put me on seven medications: Allegra, Singulair, Flonase, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Sudafed, and Nexium for good measure. I'm not exactly sure what the point of the Nexium is since I don't have an ulcer, or anything. To top it all of, I'm not particularly comfortable with taking medication in the first place. It was all really strange, actually.

I stayed home from work two days in a row where I hacked, coughed, sneezed, and blew. (I'm convinced that I am fired even though I have a doctor's note.)

I just awoke after napping of and on all day. I can see the first signs of feeling better. FINALLY!

The moral of the story: I love Road Biking. I cannot wait until I feel better. It's supposed to be nice all week.

(Okay Josh, She has debuted. Post away.)
P.S. Please forgive me. I am still a bit sick, so this is choppy and redundant.

No comments: