Hocus Pocus...

I have been thinking about my childhood a lot lately. I remember when we lived in Ohio, and had what Keri and I thought was the life. It was when our life involved hot pink bikers shorts, and Dirty Dancing. It was when we would swing on our multi-level swing set, or race our roller-racers in the drive-way.

That was before rent payments, and jobs. It was before we had to worry about milk-shake stealin' back stabbers, and copy cats. It was before people made fun of you for what you love and believe in. It was before I really had to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

Instead, I would just play teacher for awhile, and then plop down on the couch and watch Nick Jr.

So, in the spirit of things, I decided to pay a tribute to my childhood.




So sit back, relax, grab cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, and watch a short clip from Today's Special.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


King Arthur Flour's Blueberry Muffins
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cups of half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of fresh wild blueberries
2 teaspoons sugar, for topping

1. Preheat oven to 375'. In a medium bowl, cream together sugar, butter, and salt. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Add the baking powder, then add the flour alternately with the milk, beating well.
3. Mash 1/2 cup of blueberries, and add them to the batter. Stir in the vanilla, along with the blueberries.
4. Mound the batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups, completely to the top. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.

I hope you enjoy these super-food muffins. To read more about the health benefits of blueberries, please visit WHFoods website. I have a feeling you will be eating a little more of these little blue fruits in the future.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny
your blogs (all of them) are crippled with pictures and are taking a lotta time to load. So I think a better layout will solve the problem and try to make the no of posta on the frontpage a2 or three.
If you need any help ask me

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get a faster internet connection. I have never had any problems.