Over the River and Through the Woods to Aunt Dena's house we go:
I had a wonderful time on Sunday.
Then we settled on dessert. I brought banana-chip bread.
Banana-Chip Bread- adapted from Quick and Delicious Bread by Johna Blinn
1/3 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups, sifted flour
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1. Beat Butter 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, until creamy and glossy.
2. Gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy after each addition.
3. Add eggs; beat until thick and pale lemon in color.
4. Sift dry ingredients; add alternately with bananas to cream mixture, blending thoroughly after each addition.
5. Turn batter into a greased bread pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 60-70 minutes (it only took about 45 minutes in my oven)
7. Let bread partially cool 20-30 minutes before turning onto rack.