You don't scare me...

I really think that I suffer from a mild form of depression. I'm not ready to take it to the next step and see a doctor. So, I thought that I would look up a few articles about how to combat depression.

Most of the articles that I researched revolved around one thing: FOOD.

More importantly, HEALTHY FOOD.

Healthy foods can help combat depression and even out moods has some wonderful suggestions.

1. Eat a variety of foods. Hence, the term a "balanced diet."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Vegetarian food pyramid is a nice guide on how to do just that. Basically, it just means don't eat at work. I work at a fast food restaurant, and tend to eat there everyday.

2. Eat foods that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Olive oil. Salmon.

3. Believe it or not, eating carbs will help stabilize seratonin levels and boost moods. Seratonin is a chemical in the brain that is linked to depression. For more information on the specifics, please click here.

4. Dark green veggies like Spinach will help stabilize moods because it is high in folate. Folate is needed to make seratonin.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5. Fresh or frozen vegetables are better than canned.

6. Legumes. Legumes. Legumes.

No comments: