Josh and I decided that it would be a crying shame if I did not attend Culinary school. I spend most of my life eating, breathing, thinking, loving, liking, food.
Although, it would be absolutely ideal to attend the Culinary Institute of America. This is not really all that practical and would not be fair to Josh.
However, I did find a little city called Lincoln, Nebraska.
Oh, How I love thee.
Let me count the ways.
1. Culinology. This is a culinary program that incorporates science into it's curriculum. That's perfect.
2. UNL also has a biochemistry department that rivals the best. We can have our cake and eat it too. It will provide Josh with a handsome fellowships, free tuition, and health insurance.
3. Lincoln has the house of my dreams (pictured above). If I could move in tomorrow, I would. A house like that would go for over $200,000 here. In Lincoln, only $98,000. They even threw in hardwood floors and a porch swing. See.
4. Coffee Shops:
The Mill Coffee and Tea - They have assam tea. Yah.
5. There is a farmer's market with almost 200 vendors. I have died and gone to heaven.
6. And, a local natural food store with sustainable farming practices: Open Harvest. That's absolutely dreamy.
And more, I'm sure. How often do you find a city that seems to fit?
Devoured on Sunday, October 22, 2006