As many of you know, I collect cookbooks.
I suppose collect isn't exactly the word. I HOARD cookbooks. They sit haphazardly on the bookshelf, in no particular order, waiting to be used.
I am in the process of organizing them alphabetically. That has not come to a head quite yet, as you can see.
There are so many cookbooks that I haven't even cooked out of yet. It's really sad. It's not that I don't want to cook out of them. It's that I have so many books and so little time.
That's all about to change.
For the next year, I challenge myself to cook recipes out of each of my cookbooks.
1. Cook three recipes out of a particular cookbook within a month.
2. Blog about the experience. The good. The bad, and Yes, even the ugly.
3. Once all three experiences from a particular cookbook are posted, write a final review on the cookbook.
4. For every 10 cookbook reviews, I will buy myself a cookbook. No reviews = no cookbooks.
5. If I cannot find three recipes that I like in a particular cookbook, I need to free-cycle the cookbook. No exceptions.
6. This challenge will end December 08, 2009.
I also plan to host a give away after each 10 cookbook reviews. However, I am a little hesitant because I don't want to gain readership just because I am giving away free stuff. We'll see.