Cookbooks Galore

As many of you know, I collect cookbooks.

Photobucket

I suppose collect isn't exactly the word. I HOARD cookbooks. They sit haphazardly on the bookshelf, in no particular order, waiting to be used.

Photobucket

I am in the process of organizing them alphabetically. That has not come to a head quite yet, as you can see.

Photobucket

There are so many cookbooks that I haven't even cooked out of yet. It's really sad. It's not that I don't want to cook out of them. It's that I have so many books and so little time.

That's all about to change.

For the next year, I challenge myself to cook recipes out of each of my cookbooks.

The rules:
1. Cook three recipes out of a particular cookbook within a month.
2. Blog about the experience. The good. The bad, and Yes, even the ugly.
3. Once all three experiences from a particular cookbook are posted, write a final review on the cookbook.
4. For every 10 cookbook reviews, I will buy myself a cookbook. No reviews = no cookbooks.
5. If I cannot find three recipes that I like in a particular cookbook, I need to free-cycle the cookbook. No exceptions.
6. This challenge will end December 08, 2009.

I also plan to host a give away after each 10 cookbook reviews. However, I am a little hesitant because I don't want to gain readership just because I am giving away free stuff. We'll see.

2 comments:

Hellin Heels said...

You know I'll read regardless of any giveaway. Besides, I have my own cookbook addiction to deal with.

foodiechickie said...

What a cool idea. I had too many at one. I kept favorites and gave away others to my local library. Good luck with your challenge.

And I agree with you. I don't like the idea of giving away things just to gain readers.