Sickness Soup and Boozy Cake

Yesterday Josh and I weren't feeling very well, so I made a chicken stock soup with swiss chard, carrots, onions, potatoes, corn, and orzo.

Photobucket

To be honest, it was a little bland until we put cheese on top of it. However, the benefits of all the vegetables outweighed the blandness.

For dessert, I made a bourbon apple cake.

Photobucket

This had way too much alcohol in it. It wasn't bad, per say, but it definitely needed the vanilla ice cream to mask the bourbon taste. I might as well have just swigged a bottle of booze. Next time, I'll ix-nay on the bourbon.

I guess you have to make some duds in order to appreciate delicious foods. Nevertheless, I am really blessed to be able to entertain my culinary prowess.

3 comments:

Misty said...

bland or not, it looks yummy. Feeling better?

Steffy said...

I could use a lil bourbon cake ;)

Emily said...

Chicken soup is supposed to be the best remedy for a cold. Feel better soon.