Memories Looming Over you:



Yesterday, I conned Josh into taking me to lunch on the way to pick up my car from the repair shop. Even though, we didn't really have the funding, I am glad that we did go out. I had the most fabulous Caprese Turkey Sandwich.

I had my first taste of Caprese salad this summer, as we where admiring the Chicago Skyline from a tour boat. I will never forget the moment that I bit into the fresh mozzarella, sweet tomato, and basil that was drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Perhaps, it was the surrounding beautiful skyline that began my obsession. I think that I had this salad in the fridge for the rest of the summer.

In an effort recreate the sandwich, I trekked my way through the grocery store gathering the turkey, sun dried tomatoes, basil, walnuts, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, and Italian bread.

Voila. It was near perfection.

If you bite into it and close your eyes, you just might catch a glimpse of the Sears tour looming over you.

Oh, and:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yada. Yada.

No comments: