I created a masterpiece of absolute pepperoni perfection. The crust was dynamite: not to doughy, not too chewy. We will be making this again and again. Trust me.
For the crust:
2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups of warm water
3 1/2 cups of flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and brown sugar in the water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt, oil and Italian seasoning into the yeast mixture.
- Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, dry surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth.
- Let the dough double in size.
- Should take about 1/2 hour if in warm spot.
- Punch down and let rest a minute.
- Roll out, and prepare your favorite pizza.
- I use a pizza stone sprinkled with a bit of corn meal.
- Once I have the dough shaped I bake it plain for about 5-10 minutes, then pull out of oven and add toppings, just seems to work better every time.
- Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
a blend of five shredded cheeses
Melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan brush around the crust.
Oh and here's a not-so-happy pug. Apparently, he is upset about the election turn-out. We aren't... Go Stem Cell Research!