Lazy Lambic Sundays

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After Josh and I ordered Chinese Take-out tonight, we happened upon a nearby liqueur store. From the outside, it looked like your average run-of-the-mill beer place. The windows were littered with Budweiser and Miller-Light neon signs, but we were pleasantly surprised when we discovered that they had walls and walls of imported beers.


This was just what I was in the mood for. I have been hearing a lot about lambic beer. It seemed like to was right up my alley. Luckily, Josh spotted a few varieties on a top shelf in the corner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I just had to have it.

Lambic Beer is produced only in the Payottenland region of Belgium, just southwest of Brussels. It reached fermentation when it is exposed to the wild yeasts and bacteria that are native to the area.



This process gives this lambic beer its distinctive flavour: dry, vinous, and cidery, with a slightly sour aftertaste. It is often mixed with a fruit syrup (in the case, Peach) because it can be extremely tart.

I found it neat the the beer had a cork.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was pleasantly surprised by the flavour. The fruit syrup gave it a sweet taste that I look for. It also didn't have much of an after-taste.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Overall all this beer is, by far, the best I have ever had. I was hesitant to share it with Josh.

No comments: