Everybody Loves an Irish Girl.

Happy St. Patties Day!

Photobucket

(Yes, I made that scarf.)

Since I have to work today, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day last night with a corned beef and cabbage dinner. I know that corned beef isn't necessarily Irish, at least that what I have been told. I just like the tasted of an nice slab of corned beef. However, I've never really been able to do it quite right until last night. I used the braising method. I seared the roast on each side, and then let it simmer slowly in liquid on the stove for a few hours. Then I sliced the beef against the grain right before I put it on our plates.

It was delicious. The corned beef was so succulent.

Photobucket



I paired it with a delightful cabbage casserole from Bake Until Bubbly.




Josh and I both agree that the cabbage casserole was over the top when you take a slice of corned beef and a slice of casserole in your mouth at the same time. Yum!

Photobucket

I also made my standard potatoes au gratin. We had enough to feed an army.

Finally, I made these delicious cutout cookies for dessert. Paired with mint chocolate chip ice cream, these cookies hit the spot.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Heather said...

wow!! elaborate!

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty articulate and elaborate !!! and that scarf looks good.Hey have you tried corned beef with Purple?.
You must have heard about it since it's doing a lot of rounds in the celebrity circuit and is all over the news. Its tastes amazing with everything, try it and let me know if you liked it or not. It is a health drink which is made up of 7 fruits juice and is high on antioxidants and you know about antioxidants right? it prevents premature ageing, what else do growing women want huh, LOL!! If you want more information to check whether what I am saying is right you can get it at www.drinkpurple.com . You can get it at GNC and drug stores. Could not help sharing it!