Photobucket

Every week, I begin my meal planning by flipping through my cookbooks and choosing meals. I carefully plan a menu listing the food by day like this:

Monday- Chicken Salad, Coleslaw, and potato fries

Tuesday- Mascarpone Ravioli with Vodka sauce

Wednesday- Bakes Salmon, Potato Gratin, and Brussel Sprouts.

However, I work and go to school. Therefore, I am tired. Ghastly tired. So I usually end up eating a grilled cheese sandwich. This forces me to buy lunch at work. That means over-processed, over-cooked, bland, starchy food.

I AM NO GOING TO DO THIS ANY LONGER.

Armed with a $124.00 grocery bill, I have stocked my house with lots of veggies and simple foods.

I will not succumb to junk food.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Writing up a meal plan makes you way ahead of me!! Also your grocery bill is tiny for two people!! My trick is to spend most of my time on the peritmeter of the grocery story - all the fresh stuff is there. Processed foods are mostly in the middle.