On the Seventh Day of Christmas

(I know, I know, I'm a little late. I was too busy enjoying my evening with Josh. We had a difficult time finding somewhere to eat, when along came a TGI Fridays where we surprisingly enjoyed a tasty dinner. Then we drove around looking at Christmas lights and luminaries.)

Anyway, On the Sixth Day of Christmas

My True Love Gave to Me:

A Thankful Christmas Tree:

Photobucket

I've never really looked up the origins of the Christmas Tree. In fact, I have never had any spiritual connection to the thing. I know that I don't want to kill a harmless tree, that's for sure. So I compromised and bought a small artificial tree, and promised to only put ornaments that signify things Josh and I are thankful for.

As you can see there is of course a pug (and a pugapoo that is not shown here.)

Photobucket

And Bike Love:
Photobucket

Two Bikes as one.

I made these ornaments with a salt dough. Although I cannot claim to be an artist, it was so much fun.

Espresso Demitasse that signifies everything about Coffee:
Photobucket

Dusty Bean, the Guinea Pig and Carrots:

Photobucket

All three of our boys love carrots more than life itself, so I had to include them.

And Bananas!

Photobucket

I also strung a popcorn garland around the perimeter of the Christmas tree. Josh and I both agree that this is our favorite Christmas tree so far. I think we have started a thankful tree tradition that will carry on for many years to come.



1 comment:

La C. said...

I have been meaning to try my hand at salt dough. Nice work! Love the nanner.