A Moral Dilemma

As I passed the vending machines today at school, I heard the familiar clink of the coins dropping into the return slot. I looked to my left, and then to my right. I was the only person around, so I promptly reached my hands into the return slot and plunked the coins into my pocket.

I simply could not believe my fortune.

What I saw as an opportunity soon turned into a sad, moral dilemma. I had taken someones change. Perhaps, the vending machine had spit out coins on it's own freewill. In that case, I have stolen the owner's coins. Perhaps another student jammed the machine. After the student kicked the machine a few times, he probably abandoned his post. In that case, he will be back to seek revenge on the machine and regain control of the coins that I possess.

Either way, I still have four quarters sitting idly in my pocket. Coffee, anyone?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think the machine was simply dealing out your scheduled good karma. You must have done something nice previously that the machine witnessed. Your quarters as far as I'm concerned!