Bah Humbug!

I'll confess. I don't really like Christmas all that much anymore. It's just going through the motions of buying people gifts that they don't really want or need and receiving gifts that I don't really have room for. It's a fight to go shopping because all of the stores are full of suburbanites with their carts overloaded with prefabricated, thoughtless junk. Also, I DON'T WANT A PLASTIC TREE. There is not enough petroleum in the world, do not waste it on a fake tree. For that matter, I don't really want to kill a defenseless pine tree either. (And, it shouldn't be a big deal for my boss to schedule me off for the week of my finals. I put my request in three months ago and I have three weeks of vacation saved up. She has had plenty of time to find a replacement.)

Christmas is supposed to be about family, baking, love, gingerbread latte's, and snow. I really think that Christmas has lost it's meaning for me. That's my dilemma.

1 comment:

Misty said...

How sad... but I think a lot of people get to that point...