I started my new job on Monday, kind of. I have been in orientation for the last two days, and will be working in my department tomorrow. I am so freakin' excited I could scream!
I was really, really nervous. I had to take a sleeping pill just to make it through the night.
I spent about an hour assembling myself, after I woke up. The first outfit didn't quite workout because the shirt had a hole in the back and the pants were too long to wear with flats. It was a super cute outfit in my head, but I didn't fret. I have a whole closet full of clothes.
When I pulled in I accidentally picked my foot of off the brake and hit the edge of the parking garage. The car is just fine; I was going two mile per hour. The things that I do are just so silly.
Some of my other thoughts:
1. I have to park on the third floor of the parking garage, walk a half a mile, go down two elevators into an office in the basement kitchen of the Heart Hospital. I am never, ever, ever wearing HEELS again. Ever.
2. Everyone there is so friendly and nice, unlike my previous situation. I am really thankful for that.
3. It's really weird (and almost refreshing) working for a faith based organization. They have prayer. There are nuns. Stef you would be mortified.
4. I am not going to have as much patient contact as I would have liked. I really think that I would enjoy working in a clinical setting.
5. I am interesting in infection control. I never thought I would be. I have never listened to a word that Josh has ever said about bacteria. About a month ago, Josh gave me a lecture about all of it, and I WAS INTERESTED. These damn bacteria keep coming up more and more. I am so interested. Is there a book where I can read more? (Shh....don't tell anyone.)
6. I feel so cool walking down the halls with my name badge on. Yep.
I don't know if I will ever fully fit in anywhere. But, I do know that the hospital has done there very best to try to make me feel at home in the two short days I have been there. I think that I will be there for quite a long time. So wish me luck on my Real first day tomorrow.
Devoured on Tuesday, April 17, 2007