Enjoy the ride.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was such a beautiful day. A beautiful day that I managed to somehow ruin with my sore muscles, and crabby behavior. I wouldn't say that I necessarily ruined the day, but we didn't get to go on a ride like I wanted to. Instead, I read my book and lounged around the house until it was time to go to Picasso's.

I would, however, say that this gave me a lot of time to think about what I want out of the spring season. Josh and I have a lot of plans this year, and I hope to accomplish all of them.

I would really, truly like to get in the shape that my bike wants me to be in. That's my ultimate goal. I'd really like to take her out on the road and see what she can do. I love her, and want to learn more about how to baby her so that she can make me feel good.

For now, I plan to ride every other day. I am going to commit myself to this. It looks like I will probably be able to ride on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday for sure. I would really like to be able to work up to riding on Mondays with the group ride, but that will take time.

On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday, I plan to do some gentle stretching and muscle/core strengthening exercises. I would also really like to be able to walk on the treadmill a couple of times a week, but I realize the importance a day of rest or two.

I found some great stretching exercises here that a plan to incorporate into my routine. I also took a strength and muscle conditioning class a couple of semesters ago that showed me some useful exercises with bands and an exercise ball.

That leads me to my diet. Frankly, it is crap. That's largely due to the fact that in the past I have had a buffet problem, and Josh and I ate almost an entire large pizza before.

I have commited to monitoring my food intake by using the WW plan. So that's good, but sometimes it's a thin wire that feels like it's about ready to break. When the going gets tough, we eat. No matter how much better this makes us feel, it is not good for us. I just don't really know what to do.

I start out every single week with the intention of eating healthy things like vegetables, and salads, or chicken breasts and hearty soups. But, I get really tired, or we get cravings.

I mean I don't necessarily believe in depriving ourselves, but there has to be some sort of will power or moderation.

And, I know I sound like a broken record, but this has always been a struggle and I don't want it to be. I really do have a good feeling about this. It feels so right.

With Josh's help, I hope to say no to buffets and yes to farmer's market delights. In fact, I saw that the fruit stand was setting up shop. I can't wait.

My theory is that when we go out to eat we converse a little more. When we eat at home, I sit in front of the computer. Dinner should be about fellowship instead of the food. Maybe this could change.

I can totally see us having Jeremy and Stef over this summer for BBQ wings (veggie burgers for the Queen Stef,) and fresh salad, cucumbers, or sliced tomatoes.

So instead of focusing on the negatives, maybe I should just enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Sara said...

It's hard to lose weight! I've been working at it for a while and there are so many ways to stumble. About eating at home though, remember that this way you can control the fat and sugar and calorie content when you cook. Also, I find that it's better when we sit at the table to eat, TV off. This way we are not distracted and mindlessly eating. You are paying attention to each other and the food.