Veg out! Like totally.

First, I would like to introduce my other blog: MY ALTER EGO. It's a documentation of my daily life struggles.

On another note, today's culinary feast was Veggie Burgers. They were absolutely divine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Yes Rob, expect Josh to bring this for lunch tomorrow.)

Veg Out! Veggie Burgers.
1 Cup of Brown Rice
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Tbsp of Veggie Oil
1 Carrot, julienned
1 Can of Garbanzo beans
1 Egg, beaten
4 oz. of Gouda Cheese
1 tsp. basil
1/2 cup crushed almonds
salt and pepper, to tasted
wholemeal flour for coating

1. Cook the rice according to directions.
2. Fry the onion, garlic, and carrots for 10 minutes until the veggies are soft.
3. Mix together the rice, beans, egg, cheese, basil, nuts, and the rest of the seasonings.
4. Chill.
5. Shape into patties. Wet your hands if the mixture sticks. Coat with Wholemeal flour.
6. Heat oil in a large, shallow frying pan and fry the burgers in batches until browned on each side.

I served them open faced on hot dog buns with mustard and ketchup.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm SO happy to see this amazing looking veggie burger recipe! I am vegetarian so I'm always on the lookout for great veg recipes and this definitely looks like it fits the bill. Will print it out and try it. Great post! :)